- gravy beef (or another type of beef suitable for slow cooking)
- a tin/can of Massaman paste
- 2 tins of coconut milk
- sweet potato and/or potato
- palm sugar or brown sugar
- chicken stock
- dessicated coconut and peanuts to garnish
Brown that beef in a saucepan.
Add the paste (about 2-3 T to serve 5 people) and cook it off a little to release the spices.
Add 1 and a half tins of coconut milk.
Cook on low for 6 hours. Add some cubed potatoes or sweet potatoes about an hour before serving. Stir through a bit of palm sugar or brown sugar to round out the flavours once cooking has finished.
To make yummy coconut rice to go with this, I use Curtis Stone's recipe.
Dish up, and garnish with peanuts and/or herbs. We like pappadums with ours.