Here's a salad no one else will have at that summer BBQ - no one else will bring it because I made it up. It's delicious too.
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked risoni pasta (puffs up when cooked)
- 1 punnet cherry/grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 250gish shaved salami - I use mild Hungarian
- can of 5 bean mix
- fresh green herbs and/or spring onion
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp vinegar (I used red wine vinegar, use what you've got)
- 3 T olive oil
- 3 T honey
I don't need to put a method right? But here's a few notes:
- You're going to want to cook that pasta.
- Just put all of the dressing ingredients in a clean jar and shake - works perfectly. This salad is just fine to make ahead of time and stick in the fridge, even with the dressing. It doesn't go soggy. Also good the next day.
- Cut up the tomatoes and salami.
- I usually serve this cold - I haven't tried it warm.
Added bonus: men actually eat this salad. I think it's because salami screams, "Eat me, I'm meat". The lack of wussy green stuff helps too.